Senior Software Engineer - Distributed Systems
- Software Engineer
- Full time
- Berlin, Germany
- He/she will communicate with the founders to understand the project goals and translate these goals into concrete milestones realizable by the Software Engineering team in sprints.
- Additionally, he/she will work closely with the Senior DevOps Engineer to build intelligent system checks into the software releases.
- He/she will communicate the design choices to the Cybersecurity and DevOps teams in clear, concise presentations and prose.
- Thus, our future Senior Software Engineer should have experience managing teams, excellent communication skills, and superior knowledge of computer networks.
- Finally, he/she should be excited about the future of decentralized IT and distributed systems.
Requirements & Preferences:
- M.S. degree or higher in computer science, information systems, information technology, or similar
- Demonstrable 5+ years work experience in information technology with recommendations and/or publications
- Java (esp. Java.net)
- Experience with two or more databases (Rocksdb, DGraph, MongoDB, etc.)
- Knowledge of coordination and fault tolerance in distributed systems and databases
Essential requirements for all positions:
- Passionate about data security and decentralization
- Willingness to lead and/or teach others
- Willingness to learn
- Excellent command of either German or English (working language is English)