Senior Front End Engineer
- Software Engineer
- Full time
About the role: Our engineers do not just hide behind screens and mindlessly push code without examining the impact of their own work. We are looking for passionate software engineers who take pride and ownership in their work to join our fast-growing team in Singapore. You will translate our wireframes and mock-ups into code and integrating our core APIs to provide the best user experience for our customers. The best part? You will not be writing lines of code in a silo by yourself. We work across departments to understand various facets of the business in order to prioritise user stories and suggest appropriate technology choices to deliver the sprints. At Koku, you will not be just a cog in the wheel. We built this place to provide opportunities for talented individuals who are driven to build meaningful products. As a young startup, we are bound to encounter plenty of stormy waters ahead. But we are not afraid - we brave obstacles together and emerge stronger as one. And this is why we are different.
Things you'll do ?
- Collaborate with the global engineering team to achieve user-centric applications excellence
- Build, support and maintain core APIs across the various products
Skills you'll need ?
- Technical Bachelors Degree (or above) in Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience in integrating REST APIs with front-end
- Strong understanding in Object Oriented Concepts (OOP) and proven ability in applying these concepts
- Experience in Front-end unit testing libraries (Jasmine, Mocha, Karma)
- Knowledge of code versioning tools (Git), continues integration build tools (Jenkins or TFS)
- Resonate with our mission to make financial services fairer, faster and more accessible to the world
- Inquisitive with an analytical mind to understand the various facets of developing a product, from technical requirements to business decisions
- Driven and proactive in exploring creative solutions to solve challenging problems
- Empathetic with our customers' pain points and base your decisions upon solving their problems
- Unafraid to challenge the team if you feel something can be done in a better way
- Communicative, fun and open-minded to work together with
Bonus skills and attributes ?
- Practical understanding of Scrum and Agile methodologies
- Experience in Azure or AWS
- Have an understanding of Micro-service architecture
- Have previous experience in startups, especially in the FinTech domain
- Actively contribute back to the community through open source repositories, blogging, public speaking