Senior Blockchain Developer
- Software Engineer
- Full time
- Toronto, Canada
As a Senior Blockchain Engineer, you will help build our underlying protocols using GO (primarily), C/C++, Rust . You will be expected to know and apply best development practices with regards to functional, as well as non-functional requirements such as security, performance and reliability. You will have to solve hard problems in the areas such as performance and scale, evolve the system with the continuously increasing amount of data, and stay on top of the latest research and developments in the blockchain technology.
- At least a BSc degree in Computer Science from a world class program, or demonstrable equivalent experience in the field.
- Track record of successfully delivered large scale engineering projects. Bonus points: Open Source contributions.
- Clear understanding of public key infrastructure (PKI) and cryptography. Information Security (InfoSec) best practices, game theory knowledge for bonus points.
- Advanced knowledge of distributed systems, with a focus on P2P networks. Experience using the blockchain and associated technologies. Working knowledge of the UXTO model (e.g. Bitcoin) and account-based blockchains (e.g. Ethereum). Bonus points for Sia network.
- Familiarity with Ethereum Smart Contracts, and popular development frameworks (e.g. Truffle). Bonus points: working knowledge of Atomic Swaps and the Lightning Network.
- Production experience using relational, as well as noSQL database management systems, message queues, and other typical infrastructure building blocks.
- Strong bias towards automated testing.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment, as well as independently.
- Clear communication skills, both verbal and writing, and get-things-done attitude.