Senior Back-end/ Full Stack Developer
- Full time
- Vancouver, Canada
Summary of Role:
- As part of a Scrum team and working in close collaboration with our Architect and other developers , you are responsible for building, deploying and managing the back-end tier of our platform.
- Together with your team members, you ensure the quality, performance, scalability and security of this application tier.
- Embracing our philosophy of continuous improvement, you are always looking for ways to better our code, architecture, tool chain, hosting infrastructure and team processes.
- As an agile practitioner, you consistently and constructively participate in all team practices: sprint planning, daily standups, estimation, backlog grooming, sprint demos and retrospectives.
Reports to: Chief Technical Officer
- Work closely with designers and other team members to create performant and reliable server modules
- Write, refactor, test and deploy back-end code that satisfies product requirements and improves the usability, quality and performance of our application
- Evaluate and evolve our back-end technologies and tools to ensure sustainable development
- Design and maintain an automated API test suite
- Constructively review team members’ code and address issues found
- Investigate product defects, identify and fix root causes, test and deploy fixes
- Contribute to ongoing improvement of team practices and procedures
- Actively participate in all Scrum practices: sprint planning, daily standups, estimation, backlog grooming, sprint demos and retrospectives
- Contribute to monitoring and operation of production, staging and test servers
- Share responsibility for maintenance and improvement of our development and production environments and related tools
Skills and Requirements:
- 3+ years professional experience as a back-end developer
- Proficient with C# .Net (core), SQL, NoSQL design
- Experience designing, building and using secure, RESTful web APIs
- Experience using VSTS (especially CI/CD pipelines)
- Experience writing and maintaining automated API tests using
- Demonstrated ability to investigate, learn and apply new technologies and tools
- Strong collaboration and communication skills and an openness to giving and receiving constructive feedback
Nice to Haves:
- Experience building Web application / Front-End
- Comfortable working in a continuous integration, continuous deployment environment
- Experience using vue.js
- Experience working on a Scrum team
- Experience with Cryptocurrencies