- Business Development
- Full time
- London, United Kingdom
Roles and Responsibilities:
- The design and development of new technologies, accounting for cost optimization, product maintenance and other implementational considerations.
- Assess the technical feasibility of concepts, confirming operational compatibility with technologies and supply-chain infrastructures across the Everledger product line; existing and prospective.
- Outline a series of protocols and standards for the conduction of complex and routine experiments within their field; ensuring that these are followed under their direct supervision.
- Creating technical reports outlining all research and findings, along with the maintenance of a research log.
- Assisting in the development of new product standards and processes across the Everledger project landscape.
- Conduct tests with the aim of producing a series of recommendations surrounding technology selection for asset identification tasks, on a project-by-project basis.
- This should include a comparative study, outlining the landscape of potential technologies, providing justification and reasoning in support of proposed recommendations.
- Compile, validate and organise a set of tools to assist in the performance of their research, including analytical modelling software and systems.
- Supervise and support the execution and conceptualization of implementing new and existing technologies, across the Everledger product line.
- Draw upon advanced scientific knowledge to support technological innovation and growth by partnering with other subject matter experts within the Everledger organisation, in addition to technology partners; to identify emerging trends and needs within a specific technology category.
- Provide direct oversight on all research and documentation within their specialist area across all projects within Everledger.
- Advise the Head of Research and Development during the exploration phase of research, as well as the risk identification and mitigation stage.
- Prepare competitive monitoring reports, drawing necessary conclusions and recommendations.
- Work directly with Head of Research and Development and Project Managers, to define long-term market focus and related product opportunities.
- Document results and project process proposal specifications, facilitating cross-functional team communications within the Research and Development division.
- Understand, support and comply with responsibilities outlined by Everledger IP policies and procedures.
- 5+ years in a similar role DPhil with focus on Material and Object identification technologies.
- Excellent publication track-record in high quality conferences and journals.
- Ability to communicate complex and conceptual ideas to a range of groups.
- Evidence of the ability to collaborate actively within a research environment; both academic and industrial, to complete research projects and advance thinking.
- Ability to participate in and develop external networks.
- Able to identify collaborations, income sources and build relationships for future activities.
- Evidence of ability to act as a team leader, develop productive working relationships and coordinate work of colleagues, ensuring equitable access to resources and facilities.
- Ability to manage standard problems and help colleagues to resolve their concerns and progress in their research.
- Experience of mentoring colleagues with less experience, and assist in advancing professional development.