Blockchain Engineer (Virtual Machine Team)
- Software Engineer
- Full time
- Toronto, Canada
What is in it for you? How do you run code on the blockchain? It all starts with a virtual machine. At AION, we are bringing system-level ideas, new and old, into the blockchain to solve this new world's problems of capability and scalability. In this elegant union of system programming and blockchain development, you will work as part of the AION virtual machine team to leverage new ideas to make the AION virtual machine the best in the industry. If the prospect of working on a collaboration-focused team to build the foundation of future blockchain interests you, let's connect.
Who we are....
At AION, we are looking for bright intelligent minds who will contribute in defining the future of Blockchain technology. The core Engineering team at AION is involved in R&D work. Being bold, taking risks and moving fast is in our DNA. Living on the cutting edge of technology, we come to work everyday with unbounded enthusiasm for pushing the boundaries of what's possible with Blockchain technology. AION is multi-tier blockchain platform designed to address unsolved questions of scalability, privacy, and interoperability. We started as a Nuco Networks in 2016 developing blockchain applications and in June 2017 started building Blockchain decentralized infrastructure – AION. We have successfully launched our Mainnet open source platform in April 2018. Based on our financial stability, we are comfortable with our rapid global expansion in Toronto, Barbados and Shanghai-China. Our Team grew from 30 members in Feb 2018 to over 60 members globally in August 2018 and still growing. Our team is comprised of extremely talented members with sharp minds, including Bachelor's, Master’s and PhD members.
We have an incredible story to tell... check us out
Introducing AION: https://aion.network/about/
Press re AION: https://aion.network/news/#interviews
Meet our Team: https://aion.network/team/
How you will contribute...
- Work with the virtual machine team to design/implement/test core functionality
- Design and prototype future virtual machine capabilities
- Research and discuss future blockchain initiatives with the team
- Collaborate with other AION teams to ensure alignment of software interfaces/behaviours and network-level consensus requirements
What we are looking for the roles...
- Must have strong educational background in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- Must have 5-10 years of professional software development experience, at least 3 years in core Java
- Must have strong Linux orientation, including comfortability with command line, shell scripts, etc.
- Comfortable with pair programming, adhoc whiteboarding, technical discussions, etc.
- Blockchain and open source experience would be an asset **but not a must**
- Low-level debugging experience would be an asset **but not a must**
- Experience with parallel programming would be an asset **but not a must**
Competencies we desire...
- Engineering / technical mindset (5/5)
- Extreme ownership (5/5)
- Leading with passion (5/5)
- Thinking big / Creativity & innovation (5/5)
Applicants must be eligible to work for any Employer in Canada. We thank all applicants and their interest in AION, however based on key specifications of the role, only selected applicants will be contacted. Apply Link for Toronto - http://aion.humi.ca/job-board/IT/937