Blockchain Engineer (Bridge Developer)
- Software Engineer
- Full time
- Toronto, Canada
What is in it for you? At AION, we're looking for talented individuals to help us design and build the bridges that let's Aion talk with other networks. We firmly believe interoperability is at the center of solutions to many of the problems blockchains encounter today, and we're hard at work researching and prototyping alternative solutions. You should expect to encounter different languages, concepts and more unknowns as we try to make sense of it all in a SkunkWorks-esque environment. If building prototypes, gathering information from industry and academia and working in a collaborative environment whose goal is one singular purpose: To let networks talk is, interesting to you, then we're looking for you.
Who we are....
At AION, we are looking for bright intelligent minds who will contribute in defining the future of Blockchain technology. Being bold, taking risks and moving fast is in our DNA. Living on the cutting edge of technology, we come to work everyday with unbounded enthusiasm for pushing the boundaries of what's possible with Blockchain technology. AION is multi-tier blockchain platform designed to address unsolved questions of scalability, privacy, and interoperability. We started as a Nuco Networks in 2016 developing blockchain applications and in Oct 2017 started building Blockchain decentralized infrastructure – AION. We have successfully launched our Mainnet open source platform in May 2018. Based on our financial stability, we are very comfortable with our rapid global expansion in Toronto, Barbados and Shanghai-China. Our Team grew from 30 members in Feb 2018 to 63 globally in July 2018 and still growing. Our team is comprised of extremely talented Engineers with sharp minds, including Master’s and PhD members.
We have an incredible story to tell... check us out
Introducing AION: https://aion.network/about/
Press re AION: https://aion.network/news/#interviews
Meet our Team: https://aion.network/team/
How you will contribute...
- Work with the Engineering team to develop core functionalities of AION's blockchain infrastructure
- Ensure alignment of application architecture with the business objectives of the team
- Manage all aspects of product supporting infrastructure technology: systems and services monitoring, systems management, end-to-end automation of storage, data center, network, and capacity management
- Engage with internal and external partners to identify emerging trends in decentralized technology, automation, operations and security and help align to business needs.
What we are looking for the roles...
- Must have strong educational background in Computer Science or Computer Engineering (preferably Master’s and above)
- Obsessive about performant and clean code
- Must have 3+ years’ industry experience in core Java with focus on OOP
- Must have background in cloud computing, distributed systems, elliptic curve cryptography (both academic and/or professional)
- Must have successfully delivered at least one interesting Educational/professional project
- Experience in Apache Zookeeper, Atomix or state replication-based software is desired but not a must
- Professional or Academic experience in consensus systems, crash fault tolerant and byzantine fault tolerance setting is desired but not a must
Competencies we desire...
- Engineering / technical mindset (5/5)
- Extreme ownership (5/5)
- Leading with passion (5/5)
- Thinking big / Creativity & innovation (5/5)
Applicants must be eligible to work for any Employer in Canada. We thank all applicants and their interest in AION, however based on key specifications of the role, only selected applicants will be contacted. Apply Link for Toronto - http://aion.humi.ca/job-board/IT/816